Monday, January 31, 2011

My Kitchen Remodel

Life has been extremely busy these days as I balance my clients and my own kitchen remodel. I am happy to say that my kitchen remodel and new paint scheme for my house only has a couple more days to go!  Pictures are to follow, once the workers move out of the space long enough for me to stage and take some photos. 

Things that I am loving in my home right now:

I decided to do a fun pop of color in the powder room in a high gloss and selected this gorgeous red with plenty of warm orange in it by Benjamin Moore, called Geranium 1307.  This room glows when the door opens!



New countertops:
I adore the clean look of Carrera Marble but a light colored marble simply is not practical for a kitchen that you actually are going to cook in. My husband and I love to cook and want to be able to cut directly on our countertops and marble was just not the right fit because is pourous (say bye bye to red wine) and knives will cut into it.  I settled upon White Fantasy Granite, which is a quartzite granite so it has veining like marble but has the durability and toughness of granite.  I am in love and these countertops look fantastic with the glossy gray paint color I selected for my cabinets! 

Bannister:
I hated the wood bannister, stained a color that went far too orange for my taste.  I opted to have the bannister painted the same high gloss darker gray of my kitchen cabinets and have the spindles and bottom molding White Dove by Benjamin Moore.  It gives the hallway upstairs  much more dramatic look! 


Coming up next... 
Before and After photos!!!

No comments: