Thursday, December 2, 2010

NYCraving

Although I am not one of those people who could live in Manhattan for more than a year, albeit being one fabulous year, I still get a hankering to visit that fantastic city every few months.  I go to visit friends, for the energy of the city, and of course for the interior design resources that simply cannot be found anywhere in such a small radius anywhere in the U.S. 

An upcoming trip to visit the city and check out the holiday lights and frolick about the city lead me to thinking about all of my favorite resources that I want to check out while I am there.  So I thought I would share...



Carlos De La Puente Antiques was one of my favorite places to shop for antique mirrors and lighting.  Specifically they carry a wonderful selection of Murano glass chandeliers and lamps, fantastic Spanish and Italian gilt wood and gilt metal mirrors and chandeliers.  They have 2 locations, one on 59th St and the other on 60th.  Staff is always extremely helpful and friendly. 




Tribeca is a great neighborhood for finding some unique pieces and a great place to find some of these is at the Antiqueria Tribeca on Duane Street.

For a great selection of antiques in close proximity to Manhattan at much lower prices, check out The Antique and Artisan Center.  It is a quick 40 minute drive or 30-45minute train ride on the Metro North line to Stamford.  Also available online at 1st Dibs.


The Silver Peacock located on Park Avenue is a store I have not yet visited, but I have heard and read a great deal about this store.   It is owned by my former boss while I worked in New York City, interior designer, Jennifer Flanders.  It is atop my list of places to visit on this upcoming trip to Manhattan.


I look forward to sharing more resources and photos from my upcoming festive trip to New York soon on my blog.

 More soon!

C (&M)

No comments: