Monday, November 15, 2010

I Like...


THINGS I LIKE... random things, classic things, kitchy things, insightful things, things that bring back fond memories, things I have always liked, brand new things and so on...

I use the things that I like to inspire the interiors I design. 




 
Slightly obsessed with shades of GREY especially when it comes to wall color.  Inspiration: my cat, Joey who we adopted as a kitten (from a great foster organization in Virginia, called Homeward Trails, his foster family even has a BLOG of all the kittens they foster).

 “People think you’re limited when a space is small, but I think the key is seeing everything as somewhat in flux, never standing still, always shifting, realigning. In a lot of ways, it’s like a garden.”—Landscape architect Mario Nivera (Elle Decor)

European GARDENS... I have gotten quite a bit of inspiration from these whimsical, delicate, lush, untamed yet sculptural niches.  This one happens to be in the South Kensington neighborhood of London where my best friend (pictured) resides and has hosted me at some of THE most amazing and lengthy lunches of all time.
 


 I love the cozy custom feel of BUILT-INS, BANQUETTES and BREAKFAST NOOKS


I adore APOTHOCARY INSPIRED kitchens and bathrooms becuse they are clean and industrial but have that vintage warmth that some ultra modern or industrial spaces lack. 


Stunning SUNNY DAYS right before the sun starts to set, giving off ethereal light that can make most anything look gorgeous. 

“Rooms are albums that provoke memories. What you decorate with should remind you of a street you wandered down or an experience that made you happy.”—Designer Amy Hase

 Paris in the summertime and red wine on the Seine because it reminds me of a fabulous holiday I spent there with my husband.


STRIPES!  Whether it be a great cabana stripe on an outdoor chaise, a subtle cashmere stripe on a study chaise, or a classic boatneck tee, they are and always will be classic.

The SAARINEN table, a Mid-Century Modern classic that can be used in a plethora of spaces and always look sleek and cool.


Vintage/antique BIRDCAGES. Although these have been slightly overdone in the design world as of late, they are an item that I have loved since I was a child and I will always have at least one in my house (even if it is just on a necklace in my jewelry box).


There are so many more things that I could list here but I will just have to continue it in a future blog.  Until next time...

C (&M)

No comments: